Friday 2 June 2017

Time Has Flown....

Well doesn't time fly...I cant believe it has been soooo long since I have posted on this little corner of mine....



But life has been very topsy turvy since the end of last year...we have had to deal with illness...we've had family upsets...we've had a bereavement (not of our immediate family but a family friends family who are very close to us) and it has really taken its toll...but I think we are through the worst of it and looking forward to happier times ahead.... :)



A lot has changed...the major news has been Hubs taking early retirement...a big decision to make but nevertheless the right one...it has been wonderful...the stress that it has lifted off our little family has been enormous and we are all feeling the benefit of this moment in time...I can't say that in the future we will be living the "Champagne Lifestyle" (more like a bottle of Fanta...haha) but I am so looking forward to quality time and enjoying life! :)

I have had a few health issues...which I think we have put down to a wheat intolerance...not full blown coeliac but some side effects...so that has scuppered my baking...but its going to be an opportunity to learn new recipes :) and unfortunately my crafty mojo has not yet returned...I have done very little...just a few personal cards....


This was for my Father-in-Laws 80th Birthday


and this for the very beautiful Ella-Rose who at 4 is a very accomplished winning pony rider!

I also made some buttonhole flowers for my parents for the wedding they attended last week...


So I've not been entirely "uncrafty" haha...I have still kept up with my Pinterest obsession...and these few items certainly piqued my interest.....


 Aren't these just gorgeous??? I'm not very good at Tunisian crochet...but I think I might have a go at trying to work out how to do some using basic crochet stitches...


and I just loved this "paintbox" effect of colour blocking....I can feel a blanket plan coming into action at a later date...I think this would be beautiful :)

The upshot of Hubs being here now is we can get on with all the trips and days out we had planned for his retirement...but we get to do them earlier :) I have been lucky enough to visit lots of countries over the years...but there are so many places here in the UK that I have never been to...and lots of them on our doorstep really...so there will be lots of updates on our days out as and when they happen...last week we did go out on a daytrip to...Chasewater...its literally down the road from us and I had never been...it was glorious and a place we will visit often...all for free!  I will be doing separate pages for our trips out and just snippets on this main page...


We do have our next adventure planned....we are doing a Road Trip!



Its good to be back writing again...will be back soon...in the meantime enjoy everything you do and make the most of everything....xxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment