Sunday 1 November 2015

Three "Works in Progress"! :)

Afternoon....Happy Sunday....after a pea souper of a foggy morning its turned into a beautiful sunny day here...I hope its the same where ever you are :)

Well after last weeks grumpiness this week has been much better :) and productive...

I've baked a cake...mainly to prove to myself that I can still bake after my failed attempts in the kitchen over the last few weeks!


A lovely Victoria Sandwich but with lemon curd instead of jam and lemon buttercream...yummy :)

I also did my spot of flower arranging....if you remember a few weeks ago I posted an inspiration picture of a pumpkin vase flower arrangement....well this was my attempt....


Not as exotic as my inspiration photo....I just used a plain old supermarket bunch of flowers with added ivy from our walks...but it looks really bright a cheery and I layered the display with my stash of acorns and conkers, my little crocheted pumpkin and the pottery hedgehog....so this is my Halloween/Autumn Welcome display...I know not very scary :)

Having finally deciding what to make the Limited Edition Wool Pack from Stylecraft (which isn't so limited anymore as they are releasing all the colours mainstream now - which I am glad about as the colours are lovely)....this was my creation...


I have a particular little Miss in mind for this....although as I didn't have a model I used our little Miss instead....


Ha ha....as a Facebook friend commented this morning....her expression says it all really....a case of "oh my God she's at it again...I'm not a doll you know!"

The other WIP's are coming along....

 

Now this is a complete first for me...hence the title of this post....I have had THREE works in progress this week!  I have only ever worked on one crochet project at a time...always telling myself just do one thing and finish it before you start something else....but this has been totally liberating! I have LOVED having more than one thing on the go...just dipping in and out of each as I feel like it...it has given me a whole new pleasure and joy to my crochet... :) I soooo wished I had done this earlier...but there's no stopping me now :) may also lead towards having to buy more yarn!

So now its November...am I ok to talk Christmas or is still too early? Anyway I'll just post this picture I found...I love this idea and think even I could make it!



That's it about Christmas....I wont push my luck too much....but just be prepared for lots more over the coming weeks!!! :)

Now the clocks have changed and its getting dark early....its candle time :) I do have candles on all year...but Autumn and Winter I have loads dotted about... these are the ones on the hearth....


I adore the gentle glow they give...it make me feel all cosy and warm....

Pinterest has really been "playing up" this week...I haven't been able to add any photos to my boards :( apparently there's a problem with loading photos from the IPad...I hope they get it sorted soon...but whilst just "looking" I came across this...

I just adore these...so pretty to hang in the kitchen...I have loads of cross stitch patterns that would work with this idea :)

Also I had my pre-ordered book delivered...Modern Vintage Gifts....its gorgeous...some lovely little projects...I will learn to sew...well that's what I'm trying to convince myself will happen :)

Well its time to put the chicken in the oven for our dinner so I'll take my leave for this week...the vintage photo is....


Its 100 years since Ladybird books were first printed...I had loads of these as a child and loved reading them...I'm sure mom and dad still have some of them :)

Talking of Mom & Dad....I have been over to them today....and had my first cuppa out of the new mug they bought me for my cuppas at their house :)

Its nice to feel special :)

This weeks quote is....


Have a lovely week all...enjoy everything you do...most of all don't let others bring you down xxxxxxx











No comments:

Post a Comment