Saturday 5 January 2019

Happy New Year

Well Hello once again...here we are in a brand new year!

Can’t quite get my head around the fact that last year has flown by but I did feel...for the most part I was standing still and life just muddled along around me...

Towards the end of 2017 we started to embark on an adventure...an adventure to move home...I have always kept an eye on the local property market and one day I was very struck on a particular property that popped up...I had been looking for somewhere that would be suitable for us all to live together...hubby, me, my mom and dad and puppy dog of course haha...and there it was shining like a beacon from the page 😍 you had to look hard beyond the interior and decor in the photos but I loved it! When we went to view it for the first time...as soon as I walked through the door...I felt like I’d come home...I could have cried...it was quite an overwhelming experience! We all agreed that it would be just perfect...



This is a water colour I did of our new home


I can only tell you that we did eventually get the house...but it has been one of the most traumatic experiences of my life...one which I hope I never have to do again as this is our forever home thank goodness...what with buyers, chains, folks pulling out of chains at the last minute, solicitors, surveyors and the endless quite petty questions and requests...I never thought we were going to get there...but I did feel that this home was meant to be...destiny...and it never sold to anyone else...so despite the stress, anxiety and me dissolving into crying heap from time to time...we eventually got to call this place home the middle of last year! So welcome to “Songbird Cottage” ❤️❤️ A very apt name for our little place...we have a large garden and it’s full of birds and wildlife...it has just been such a joy to sit in peace and listen to that symphony of bird song...

I have a heart that’s full to bursting and full of gratitude...I feel so blessed to call Songbird Cottage my home...


I have lots of photos to share with you showing our progress and I’m so looking forward to reliving the past 6 months along with you...so until next week...

Happy New Year...wishing you a wonderful 2019...full of happiness and love...find endless joy in living in the moment and the small things...and leave sparkles ✨ wherever you go




No comments:

Post a Comment