Monday 18 May 2015

Pattern for Little Summer Flowers

Morning All, its a very rainy day here today :( no gardening for me

As promised here is the basic pattern for the little summer flowers on my Summer Wreath, its really coming along now, just need to block each piece, do the planning and then attach, I'm really pleased with way its coming along.


This is my own pattern for the flowers, when I do the post for the wreath make up I will post the links to the other pieces I have used, but I have made patterns for the buds, peony, lavender and sweet pea which I will be coming up soon.

I have made the flowers in a solid colour but you can do a different centre, I did solid and added embroidered details which made it less chunky and made it feel more flower like...I will warn you I'm new to pattern writing so I will do my best....and once you start these they are addictive!

Start with a magic ring (which is what I use) or chain 4 and join to make a loop


Now DC into the ring 10 times and join with a slip stitch


Starting with the next stitch from the ss - half double crochet, triple crochet, double triple crochet twice, triple crochet, half double crochet all into the same stitch, ss into the next stitch along and that is the first petal completed



Continue doing a petal in each alternate stitch with a ss in between and you will end up with 5 petals, ss to complete


And there you go a pretty little flower - I hope the pattern makes sense, I'm not good at writing things down but realise I have to these days as I forget when I come to make more :)

I used a contrasting yarn to embroider into the base of the petals and the centre as in the photo below



For the larger purple ones which you can see on the wreath photo I just went around each petal using dc and ss into the space in between and this made them slightly larger but you could use a contrasting yarn add more colour to your flower :)

This was my first attempt at lavender flowers, including the French lavender, they were fiddly but I think they have come out ok


Well that's it for today I'm off to make brunch (I like it when we've missed breakfast and its a bit early for lunch)

I haven't got a quote of the day handy but will wish you a great day, enjoy whatever you are doing

bye for now xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment