Sunday 6 September 2015

Dark Mornings ~ Nights Drawing In

That's what I have noticed this week...when I get up early in the morning to make a cuppa I'm having to put the light on!! Cant quite believe how quickly that has happened...but I have to admit I do like the nights drawing in...it somehow makes you feel a bit cosy...its candle lighting time again...yay...I have a house full of candles and I so enjoy lighting them all as it goes dark so there is flickering candle light in all the rooms...I miss that in Summer as I don't light them when the evenings are still light...and my fairy lights are back on in the kitchen of an evening too... :)

I found this lovely photo of candles via Pinterest...I love the addition of the autumn leaves such a simple idea but very effective...


My new Patchwork Blanket is coming along...all the squares are done now and I've started edging each one...


But I have started work on my Autumn Wreath...I usually just make two circles of crochet and sew them together with a little stuffing inside to make the base for my wreaths...but I found an old wire wreath ring from a floral one I made years ago...so I'm using that and its much quicker to just make an oblong of crochet and sew it around the ring adding stuffing as you go....

make a length of crochet to fit around the wire wreath ring

completed base lightly filled with stuffing to give a rounded edge

I have raided my bits of yarn box for all its Autumnal colours ready to start making lots and lots of leaves....


that should keep me quiet for a while.... :)

It has been decidedly cold this week...I think Summer may well and truly left us....so just to keep it alive for a bit longer...here is a summery little pot of flowers....


There have been lots of grumpy children around and about this week...as its back to School after the summer holiday break...and lots of new starters too...they all look so little, too little to start school...we have a grandson starting big school this time...it takes me back to the heart-breaking moment you leave them at the gate for the first time...lots of tears...that was just me...ha ha!

So for the vintage photo this week...I thought I would keep the "back to School" theme going....


Do you remember your school uniforms?  My first uniform included a navy tie which Dad knotted for me and Nan sewed the knot and then sewed on to elastic so I didn't have to tie it every day :) I was always a bit miffed that we didn't have blazers at our school...I would have loved a blazer....

Well is a short and sweet diary scribble this week as not much has happened but next week there will be lots to show you..... :)

So I'll leave you with this weeks quote....


Have a lovely week...enjoy...and fill that book up a little bit more....xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment