Sunday 13 December 2015

Home Christmassy Home....

Good Afternoon....a little late again with this weeks diary entry...but its been a busy week and a busy morning....the morning has been spent with my eldest Grandson....as we don't see him over the Christmas holidays he has an early Christmas with us...opens all his presents from us and has roast lunch...lovely :)

This week...as I promised myself last week...has been full of cleaning and then decorating for Christmas...I have absolutely loved...loved...loved this week! I am a great lover of lists...they motivate me...so I wrote my to do list and worked my way through it with gusto...and finally at the end of the week our decorations went up....we are now living in Santa's Grotto!!! ha ha....

The morning of the "going up of the tree"....I baked these....for breakfast....


which were devoured in a flash....in fact I baked six...so one went missing even before I'd managed to take the photo!!

Whilst I was in "domestic Goddess" mode...I also practiced the Pavlova we are having for Christmas lunch...I had never used the carton egg whites before so thought I had better try it out first...and I have to say its fantastic stuff...so much easier and less wasteful than using eggs...and then wondering what to do with yolks...


Now back to the main mission of the week....

a selection of the ornaments on the tree and the little cottage tea light...the crystal angels with Jake and Roxy written on them...are for our beautiful doggies that are now doggy angels sharing Christmas with us still....(sigh) I do so miss them still :(

decorations around the house...the bouncing robin...which Puppy Dog loves to nudge and make him bounce around...glittery stags (stags AND glitter!! can it get any better)...new little red tree...and my homemade floral decoration for the kitchen....

kitchen shelf with gorgeous figgy pudding candles (they smell amazing from Sainsburys)...Christmas cottage tea lights (from Morrisons) and my Cath Kidston salt & pepper dogs....

caught them kissing...no mistletoe either ha ha.....

even the eggs basket gets decorated...

love my new stag and the cut out tree...

even Buddha enters into the spirit of it all.... :)

this is a card I received last year...I loved it so I framed it up...

this photo is not mine (you can probably tell that from the quality...its professional...not at amateurish like mine ha ha) I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was too gorgeous not to share it with you....

On the craft front...I have finished the little dollies blanket and I have also since made a little pillow to match...


it will be winging its way to a certain adorable little miss...along with....a little poncho for her dolly...to match hers...


its just soooo cute!!! and so quick to make.... :)

The granny square blanket is almost joined together....


just three more squares to complete...then the border...which is this afternoons job...cosying with Puppy Dog watching Christmas films...its a dark, rainy, windy day...so nothing is better than that...with all the twinkly fairy lights on of course.... :) 

When this is finished...I will be starting on another two of the Patchwork Blankets that have been ordered....from the lovely lady who purchased from me last week...its been an absolute delight to make a new acquaintance...she sounds "right up my street" as we say around these parts :)...and all from crochet blankets :) I'm so looking forward to making more of these....

Well that's about it for this week....I'm ready for a cuppa...I'll leave you with a vintage photo....Christmas themed...of course!!!


an absolutely gorgeous little picture...made up from vintage pieces of costume jewellery...a really nice way to use up family pieces that have got broken...give them a new lease of life...

This weeks quote....


Have a great week....enjoy everything you do....xxxxxx



















No comments:

Post a Comment