Sunday 6 December 2015

A Little Confidence Boost....

Well I'm late adding my scribble to this weeks diary page..... :)

We've had a busy day....finally its stopped blowing a gale and lashing down with rain...so thankfully we have been able to clean the windows inside and out and our Christmas Fairy Lights are up in all the windows...I like to clean the windows first before the lights go up :)  I'm really behind this year...the home normally looks like Santa's Grotto by now...ha ha....but this week will see me giving each room a really good clean (not the cosmetic flick over they usually get...ha ha... housework is not my favourite thing!) and the decorations going up...so by this time next week we will be fully decorated for the season...maybe too early for some...but I am like a "kid at Christmas" this time of year :)

The weather has been awful but not as bad as some of had it...my heart goes out to those people who have been flooded out :( Today the wind was still strong but not enough to blow you over...which it nearly did the other day...and no rain...just a fine mizzle...which I can cope with...in fact this mornings walk...if you closed your eyes....you could make believe you were at the beach...the wind blowing through the tree branches sounded like the waves rushing in...and the mizzle on your face was like a little bit of sea spray...so a little bit of make believe was had this morning :)

On the crafty side of things...I'm still working up the granny squares for my blanket...I've just got to do the last round on a few squares and it will be ready for joining....


and yesterday I started a little dolls blanket for a certain little lady's new pram :)


I want it to look a little "vintagey" and I'm going to edge it in turquoise to match her pram...then make a little pillow too...

I've also been making little woollen mitten decorations...it was really nice to get the old knitting needles out again...its been at least year...but my heart belongs to crochet :)


I came across this posted on Repeat Crafter Me Facebook page...its a hedgehog pencil holder...but makes a perfect crochet hook holder too....I love it!


I sold my smaller patchwork blanket this week...and this was the little boost of confidence I had...the lady who purchased it emailed me...

....."Wow!!!!

It's even more beautiful than in the photograph and I love how it smells and the packaging was exquisite. Well done, it will be going to Vancouver at some point.

Thank you, you are very, very, talented".....

That just made my week I can tell you...I do lack confidence in everything...especially my crochet projects...so this made my heart really happy...I always wash my blankets when they are finished...so I can check that none of the colours will run and so its nice and clean and smelling lovely for its new owner...and I pack them in an organza dust bag for protection...so it was nice that these little touches were also appreciated :)

December 1st meant it was time for the Christmas Mugs and the little robins on the clock to come out....these are the first decorations to appear :)



and new Christmassy candles were purchased.....



So now to Pinterest...another of my favourite things :) This weeks Christmas Special is homemade decorations...the site is full of them... here is a selection...they are all taken from my Christmas board on my Pinterest page and the full details and links to instructions can be found there....

Simply made from those little battery operated tea light candles, bit of ribbon and felt pen...

using walnuts, a bit of felt and felt pen....

felt cut out boots, a bit of stitching and a paper clip blade.... :)

One last photo...simply baby socks trimmed with a bit of fabric fur and an empty toilet roll inside makes the perfect little holder...



And so to finish up this weeks entry...I haven't been able to find a suitable vintage photo this week...so this is as near to a vintage picture...and absolutely... I don't like being normal...ha ha... :)



and the quote is for all my closest friends...you all know who you are...and this is how I feel about you....


Have a great week...enjoy everything you do.....xxxxxxxx





1 comment:

  1. I love the little dolls blanket, the flowers are so cute. Great news about your patchwork blanket, I'm not very confident either, so I know how good it is when someone appreciates something you've made xx

    ReplyDelete