Monday 5 October 2015

Misty Mornings :)

Morning....

I'm a day late this week....yesterday I felt very melancholy and didn't feel able to write a happy post....I would have been a bit moany and that's just no fun to read...but today I feel a bit more up beat...so here we go

We have had some beautiful weather over the past few weeks....these photos were taken on Saturday very early morning....you could already see it was going to be a gorgeous day...the sky was already so blue....

 
 

don't you just love a misty morning....I really enjoyed that mornings walk...so quiet...it was like a little bit of therapy :)

I have finished the latest Patchwork Blanket....its all washed and packed in its little gift bag...all it needs now is a new owner to go off to... ;)

 
 

Sorry about the creases on the sheet in the photos...its one of those Non-Iron ones....ha ha....it didn't look that bad in the flesh....

On my Pinterest ponderings this week I came across these beautiful enamel canisters and bowls...I am in love with them....

 

but they are from a USA site....Mackenzie-childs.com they do some absolutely gorgeous stuff but not in this country....well unless anyone knows differently....otherwise they will have to go on my "would love to have these" list...which is very long....ha ha

Whilst at my parents house this week, Mom and me decided to go through all the old photos...we do from time to time...and I am about to embark on making a family photo wall so wanted to take copies of some of them...its lovely looking back at my Nan (the original Florrie May)....this one never fails to raise a smile :)


I have all the photos copied now....so I will keep you posted as to my progress....

~
 
going back to Pinterest...

I also came across a photo of some bunting to make with old crochet doily's....you can buy these so cheaply at charity shops and antique fairs....I will be looking out for some and making this....its so vintage and pretty...



I have been working on my new granny square blanket....and I'm liking the colour scheme....a bit of a contemporary feel especially so when edged in the grey I think....



My exciting buy this week...well exciting for me anyway....is my new basket....I bought it on Saturday....I planned to use it for shopping...now that the carrier bags are being charged for...I do take my own bags anyway but I thought this would add to those....but its too nice for shopping...so has become my new crochet basket...


I love it!!!!

Its so big and roomy....purchased from Dunelm Mill at the bargain price of £7.99...I may even get another for the shopping   :)

Well...I'm off to do some ironing :( so I will leave you with this weeks vintage photo....


I remember these so well...I never got to eat the Jelly ones....they were (and still would be!) my Dads favourites....it takes me back....

This weeks quote...is for all my friends....I haven't been out and about for a while and I miss them...love you all...


Well until next week...have a great one and enjoy everything you do xxxx










1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, your new crochet looks beautiful. So great to look through old photos with your mum, and a lovely idea to make a photo wall. Hope you have a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete