Sunday 15 November 2015

Oh the Wind and Rain...

Morning...

Well what a wet and blustery week we have had!!!  I'm sure we have gotten off light compared to some areas of the country....but its been oh so dark....still it makes the fairy lights in the kitchen sing out with some pretty sparkles :)


I have been to see my beautiful friend this week...she cuts my hair (and boy did it need it)...as well as being my living Guardian Angel and my Reiki Master...so it was lovely to catch up...put the worlds to right...and a good old natter...and also to drop off the little poncho I made a few weeks ago for a gorgeous little miss....here she is modelling....


so pleased the pink matched her favourite pink boots! :)

I have only been working on my duck egg blue blanket (I'm still unsure of my V stitch bright blanket :/)...I have toyed with loads of options...started them...undone them...started something else...but I have settled on this and its coming along nicely....

 

Hubby purchased some new cushions for me as a surprise...(and yep it was a surprise he never buys stuff for the home on his own!)....so my little brown chair now looks smart for the Autumn/Winter now :)


He has been full of surprises this week...we had a "spur of moment" outing as well...we took ourselves off to Trentham Gardens...although its practically on our doorstep its the first time I had been and it was lovely...beautiful little log cabin shops full of beautiful bits and bobs...cafes...and the estate gardens and lake...and so dog friendly, so puppy dog had a wonderful day out too! :)


The Italian gardens still looked lovely...I must say I cant wait to go back and see the place in Spring and Summer and I would think a few weeks ago...when the leaves were turning it would have been spectacular!

 

They had beautiful sculptures of fairies and my favourite things dandelion clocks...quite dramatic against the grey skies....

 
 

Our day trip was on Wednesday...Armistice Day....so it was lovely to see the wild flowers still in full bloom...dotted with poppies....

 
 

and little fairy villages....


To that wind and rain...you didn't spoil our day....  :)

Now there's no getting away from it....its nearly Christmas time....  :)  Pinterest has been full of ideas and decoration....Just to get you in the mood ha ha....


and I loved this simple idea for a decoration with candles....I've seen lots of deer and stag figures around in the shops and I have loads around the house....


Well todays diary entry ended up being top heavy with photos and not much writing...but that's what I love about doing my diary here....I can add in all those photos to look back on :)

This weeks vintage photo is....


I love these and if I had the space I would have one now....my friend has one and still uses it loads when all the family descend...I've also borrowed it for my parties they are just brilliant!....did you have one in your house? 

And for this weeks quote.... I saw it on a friends post on Facebook...with it being Remembrance Week and the awful scenes from Paris...I think this is quiet appropriate....


Have a safe week all...love the people close to you...enjoy everything you do xxxx












No comments:

Post a Comment