Sunday 29 November 2015

End of November...

Morning...

Well the end of November is nearly here....its been a rotten week...I've just wanted to hibernate...the weather has been awful and I have felt a little unwell...so not much has been happening :(

A little bit of creativeness happened on Monday when I had to do a posy for a friend...


a pretty posy in pink....

I have been doing a little on the granny square blanket but haven't got too far into it at all...so wasn't really worth posting any photos of it...

I did make a little hat yesterday for Mr Squirrel....


The instructions were from a Pin I did ages ago...you know... the ones you Pin and think I'll make that and never do ha ha...


quite a simple process of looping wool around a bit of toilet roll...Puppy Dog pinched what was left and played with it for a while ripped it to pieces...so I couldn't make anymore :)

And that's about it...so as you can see...it really has been a non productive, pretty boring week!

But next week....its December!!!! All my Christmas mugs and plates will be out...I change them over from our normal ones every year...a tradition I picked up off my lovely friend...but she goes the whole hog and all the crockery gets changed...its just lovely....I also have a little costume make to help out with for a little ones Christmas play so much to look forward to next week....

Now for Christmas makes....this week I thought I'd choose Wreaths...I love a wreath and much inspiration is to be found on the Internet...these are some which I think would be fairly easy to make...


Using shop bought artificial foliage and berries and pretty ribbons....


Again shop bought artificial berries...glue gun them onto a wire, polystyrene or twig wreath base...


Using new baubles or better still old vintage pieces even if they are broken...they can have a new life glue gunned onto a wreath base and a lovely way to display family pieces :)

The next picture is the one I used as the inspiration for mine that I made last year....


I had never done anything like this before...I had made lots of fresh foliage Christmas wreaths and added ribbons...but I figured with a glue gun anything was possible :)

And here is my version...


I used a twig wreath base...pinecones I had collected on our walks...some nuts purchased from the supermarket...a few artificial berries and some cheeky little robins...I hung it in the hallway and put some little battery fairy lights around it...cost was very little as the main part was just picked up off the fields and dried out :)

So a short and sort of sweet diary entry this week...I very much doubt that I will have inspired anyone this week...not even myself ha ha...I'll leave you with this weeks vintage photo...


I clearly remember the corona pop lorry coming around the streets to deliver...and we used to save the bottles to return as you got money off for saving them...see we did recycle even in those days :) I also remember the beer wagon coming around...."Beer At Home Means Davenports"...I can still remember all of the jingle....

This weeks quote....


A must for all that have been worrying.....take care...have a lovely week...enjoy everything you do...xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment