Sunday 22 November 2015

OK....Christmas Decorations are Fair Game Now...

Morning....

Its a chilly one here today....but I quite like the cold...I love getting wrapped up warm and cosy and feeling that cold air on my face...and they way you look really healthy with rosy cheeks...ha ha....We've had snow this week too... :))) it snowed late on Friday night but by morning it had gone...which I was disappointed with as I was looking forward to Puppy Dog racing around in it... :)

I've not done too much this week....I have been feeling a bit "under the weather"...felt like a cold was coming on all week...but its manifested itself in a wonderful (NOT) cold sore....! But I'd rather have that than a horrible cold any day :)

I met up with another of my beautiful friends this week....she has been in my life for most of it! We've been besties for 40+++ years! She has picked me up and dusted me off more times than I care to remember...I don't know what I would do without her :) ...we had a lovely pub lunch...and lots of chatting and laughing...always a good therapy...always great fun...great friends are one of the best things in life I think.... :)

Crochet this week has been slow and steady...my blue blanket is almost finished...just have the last little bit of border to do...just ran out of wool...would you believe it! Never mind good excuse to order some more ha ha...


I have managed to follow a pattern for the border...wonders will never cease...I'm hopeless at following patterns...that's why I'm no good at writing them...but with a mixture of reading the pattern...looking at the picture pattern...and trial and error I think I got there.....


I purchased this border book sometime ago...its lovely with over 150 different borders and it shows you how to go around the corners of your work....


In the basket this week is yet another Granny Square blanket...people seem to like these...they are always the ones that sell (another one of my previous blankets sold this week and the new owner is thrilled with it...that makes me very happy)...and I love just making the little squares...its easy, enjoyable crochet :)


Now the end of November is fast approaching...so in MY book...Christmas is now fair game!!! :)

I have been purchasing little bits and pieces...and earlier in the week we went to the Christmas Barn which is just full of beautiful decorations...I was in heaven....
These are a few of the bits I have been gathering so far....these little red tea lights have already made it out into the kitchen.... :)


Stanley the Stag is already up on the wall....in fact I think he will stay there permanently...I love him...he will just have fairy lights hung around him for Christmas :)


and this gorgeous tin of shortbread and little tartan dogs with bells just had to purchased :)


So now I can start posting about ideas I have been collecting on Pinterest....I thought I would try and "theme" it a little each week....this week is fairy lights...I love fairy lights :))))

The following photos have all been taken from Pinterest and can all be found on my Pinterest Christmas board....I just love the idea of fairy lights in glass and you can buy battery operated lights so cheaply...don't they just look fab.... :)

This is my favourite...

These glass light fittings can be found in car boots sales, antiques fairs, charity shops and think even Ikea do variations of these...

This is a Pinterest favourite...its been pinned from my board every day of the year...its had over 1700 pins so far!!!

Bet you cant tell I absolutely adore decorating for Christmas can you?  ha ha

Well Puppy Dog is telling me its time to go and play ball....so I'm off to get wrapped up warm...I'll leave you with this weeks vintage photo....

 
 
Who remembers these? I vividly remember having to lick the back of the stamps and put them in their book...once your book was full you could exchange them for "goods" in the Green Shield Stamp shops...which eventually changed to Argos Shops...when I was little we had a Petrol Service Station and Repair Garage...I used to go of a weekend and help out...and we used to give Green Shield Stamps out with purchases...I remember our customers knowing that I collected the stamps and if they only had one or two stamps with their purchase they would give them to me.... ha ha happy days...the littlest of things...even a few stamps gave pleasure in those days....
 
and so to this weeks quote...
 


So very true of all my lovely beautiful friends and family...and to all of you who read this blog...until next week....sending lots of love...enjoy everything you do....xxxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment