Sunday 10 January 2016

Organising & Dreaming.....

Hello and Happy Sunday....as the title suggests its been a week of getting myself organised...and when I thought about this week...there's been a lot of dreams and wishes too :)

I have to say I have felt quite virtuous this week...as you know I'm a list writer...and that's what I have done this week...a list each day but a list of things I've been putting off...things I didn't want to do...if I write them down I have to do it...I'm the sort of person that has to complete each task and I take great pleasure in crossing them off :0) and it has to be on paper not the IPad...I have to have that delight in having a crossed off list! :)

So on my list this week was:

Turning up trousers...I HATE, HATE, HATE that job (can you tell I don't like it ha ha) 

Tidying and sorting THAT cupboard...we all have one (I hope?) the cupboard where everything goes to be sorted later...the one that your afraid to open the door because you know the whole lot will come tumbling out :)

Cleaning and sorting my wardrobe and shoes...that's a little like the cupboard ha ha

(I will check this post for spelling mistakes later...but if I've missed any I apologise...I've only got this far in and my fingers don't seem to know how to spell this week...everything is coming out jumbled up!)

So...I did the trousers and that was such a good job done...I felt soooo happy!

The cupboard emptied its self (as I knew it would) and Hubby was dispatched to the shops to buy those vacuum pack bags...this sorting was getting serious!  And I can happily report...holiday blankets have been packed away...things have been thrown away (gulp)...and my wool stash has been corralled (yay...room for more now)

My wardrobe has been sorted...clothes re-hung...a bag full of stuff for my daughter to sort through...and my shoes organised in boxes!!

So a To Do List worked a treat...so much so that I am tasking myself to do this everyday...I have found a calendar that has 4 lines per day...I'm sure I can do 4 tasks each day...with the idea of having a perfectly run home (well they say its possible on some of the blogs I read :) )

I must be careful...my halo is getting a little high ha ha :) 

I made my first cake of the year...with my new mixer...oh how I love my mixer <3


it was a rather large cake...but it has fed quite a few peoples sweet tooth this week :)

Crochet has been steady this week...all the little squares are complete for the Patchwork Blanket order...all in nice little neat piles ready to be joined...which will start this afternoon :)


I had been reading on a few blogs that people were making temperature scale blankets...you have a scale of colours corresponding to the temperature of the day...and each day you crochet a row of colour associated with the degrees of that day...well the way the weather has been here and the lack of change in the temp I didn't feel it would be a very interesting thing to do for myself...but I loved the idea of having a project that took only a little time each day...to last over the whole year...so I've decided to make a larger Patchwork Blanket...crocheting a square each day to make up a large piece of work at the end of the year...so this is it thus far....


I haven't done todays square yet...but I think I'm going to love this...  :)

My friend's gift to me at Christmas was this....


Now I've never done scrapbooking...but she knows me so well...that I'm always dreaming and wishing so she "hit the nail on the head" with this gift...and it is going to be a dreams and wishes book but also a positive, confidence boosting book...all the little ideas and quotes and kind feedback I get from purchasers of my "makes" are going into this...so when I have a "wobble" and I think I'm useless...I can read through this to boost me back up :)

And just to prove that she really does know me...so very, very, well...(she hates Pink so this must have nearly killed her to pick this up ha ha)



Hubby has put the paintings up that I commissioned for him...they fit right in...made themselves very much at home....


My favourite idea from the internet this week has been this....


not particularly the cork wreath...but I like the idea of using them in the garden and as little key rings or labelling them with the occasion celebrated and nice little reminder :)

My favourite interior Pin this week is this....


I love the idea of making an island to look more like a table...it doesn't seem so permanent...

So now my fingers have completely given up...I have no idea why they and my brain are acting up today...so I will take my leave for this week...but I just wanted to say...that if you feel like you've broken all or some of you New Year resolutions...its a New Moon today...so you can make a new start :)

This weeks vintage photo...


who remembers these...Oh the days of simple play...I used to love these...not really to use...I just love the cutting out! Maybe that's where my love of papercutting has come from :)

This weeks quote...


is written on a gorgeous print from the very talented Katie Daisy...I love her work...but I thought it very apt for the way I have felt this week....looking to the future and dreaming...

So have a lovely week...enjoy everything you do...and believe in the beauty of your dreams....xxxxx








8 comments:

  1. I, too, am a list writer. Each eve I write a to do list for the next day. Works for me!
    Wow! You have been so productive so far this year. And very organised.
    So much to look forward to this new year. Crafting, family, hopes and dreams.......
    Sorry to comment as 'annonymos' but I don't have a blog of my own or a Google account etc.
    Best wishes, Mandy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy I'm glad to meet a fellow list maker :) I am so looking forward to this year...it feels different somehow...have a great week xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I've just popped over from Helens blog.
    I'm a list maker aswell.
    There's a certain amount of satisfaction crossing off jobs as you do them.
    I love your blog it is very chatty.
    I'm glad you said there's a new moon I will start my diet again today.
    So I thank you for that.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've just popped over from Helens blog.
    I'm a list maker aswell.
    There's a certain amount of satisfaction crossing off jobs as you do them.
    I love your blog it is very chatty.
    I'm glad you said there's a new moon I will start my diet again today.
    So I thank you for that.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacky thanks for dropping by :) and so glad to meet another list writer...good luck with diet...I hope you pop by again x

      Delete
  5. Your cake looks amazing... drool. I love making lists, even making the list gives me a sense of achievement xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I totally agree...it does give you a sense of achievement just doing the list...and if I do something that's not on the list I write it on and cross it off ha ha xx

      Delete