Sunday 28 February 2016

I Need A Time Machine....

Hello Happy Sunday....

I cannot quite believe this weather we are having! Its been another beautiful week....frosty mornings...sunshine and blue sky days....cold chilly snuggle in a blanket evenings...just perfect....one morning we woke to the finest sprinkling of snow...just like icing sugar...on mine and pups morning walk that day...it was almost magical :) the sun was just about breaking through and along the brook is was casting shards of sunlight through the branches of the trees and whenever a bird flew from one of their branches they made the icing sugar snow fall off...the sunlight caught them and it was like glitter was falling...a sprinkling of fairy dust...it was just magical :)

~0~

I have spent most of my spare time this week working on our family tree...hubby purchased the 12 month upgrade on Ancestry for my New Year pressie and thought that as we were already nearing the end of February I had better start using it...time is just slipping through our fingers isn't it! I had already filled in what we already knew in to the free Ancestry pages...but I have now managed to go back another generation on four people on my Nans side of the family...so we are now back to 1775 and they were still blacksmiths...but those ancestors don't make it easy...I have so many John's I'm getting confused...ha ha....but it has been so enjoyable and frustrating at the same time...I cannot find anything on my Grandad...I think he must have been a spy ha ha....but I will keep on digging....I really need a time machine! :)

~0~

I have had lots of unexpected presents this week...firstly Mom and Dad arrived with this....


isn't it adorable? Mom saw it and knew that I would absolutely love it! I plan to have it on one of the tables in the garden for the summer....then they popped in for a cuppa another day and Dad came in with this....


my newly made blanket ladder :) Dad has done a superb job of this I just love it....and then yesterday they called in and I now have these...


I will wait patiently for the gorgeous blooms to arrive...I adore the fragrance of hyacinths...haven't I been a lucky girl :)

I set to painting my blanket ladder straightaway...I am soooo pleased with the way it has turned out....


French Grey paint and dark waxed LOVE IT :) ...I picked up this ornament from the charity shop too....it doesn't look as battered in the photo as it did in the flesh but that got a paint treatment too...and when my daughter saw it she loved it...so that will be making its way to her home next weekend :)


~0~

I didn't get round to baking a cake this week...just these bread rolls to have with soup...nothing better than homemade bread...and the smell when its baking...just delicious :)


Later on in the week on my usual drifts on Pinterest I came across these...


I am definitely going to have a go at these...perfect for Easter...but anytime in our house...just so cute :)

~0~

Not much crafting has been happening this week due to family tree searching...but I have done another set of stripes and squares on my blanket....


its now staring to take shape...when its finished its going to just right size to snuggle under with Puppy Dog :) ...and I now have enough daily squares to join another full row on...so I started that yesterday....


its going to be a technicolour dream blanket I think...... :)

~0~

I have found...loved...and pinned many gorgeous interior ideas this week...but I'm not sure if you are all a little bored with seeing them? But I had to show you my favourite pin of the week...


Isn't it fab....made up of odd bits of metal etc...it reminds me of a patchwork quilt...I personally would love this in my garden :)

~0~

Well lunch is needing my attention...it smells amazing! (We've got slow cooked belly pork today...my favourite :)) so I will leave you now with this weeks vintage photo....


look how much fun we used to have...before the daft health and safety got a hold of everything...kids just don't have fun like we used too...you only learn things by falling off...but it never hurt any of us...its the only way to "grow"....a baby falls over 100's of times before they learn to walk...I hope they don't have a ruling about that in the future or the next generation will be doomed! (little rant over) :))

This weeks quote....

Have a fab week all....enjoy everything you do...keep open to the possibilities :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx









2 comments:

  1. Hi there,another fab post and gorgeous pics,so interesting.Love the presents from your mum and dad,your ladder looks so pretty,I love hyacinths too and have loads.Just got our internet back after a week without it yaaaaay.I have been busy doggy walking,doing loads of crochet and baking cakes.Have a lovely week.Btw,Glyn my husband is a Big fan of Ancestry etc,he has found out loads of stuff about our families,keeps him quiet hee hee.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I would have gone mad without internet for that long...funny how we get so used to it just being there! Have a lovely week :) xx

    ReplyDelete